Google Translate is the best, even when it’s not:
So what happened here?
- unsurprising correctly translated to oöverraskande, verified by the Translate Community
- oöverraskande translated to oöverraskande, meaning it didn’t translate at all
- oöver translated to unbeatable boat characteristics, which, whaaaat?! It shouldn’t translate at all…
- unbeatable boat characteristics translated back to oöver, which makes some sense
- unbeatable boat characteristic translated to oslagbar båt karakteristik, which also makes some sense
But how did we get “unbeatable boat characteristics”?
My theory: Google Translate is a fan of the Vasa and its oöverträffbart båtskrov.